Valentines Special

John and I don't really go in for a big show on Valentine's day.
 
It's something we both agreed on so I never expect to wake up to roses.
 
But.
 
There's still no excuse for forgetting about it altogether.
 
All it takes is a card to show you made the effort.
 
However John seems to have a complete blind spot on this point. Even though I always get him something small he never bothers doing the same and when questioned about it just says - " I thought we weren't doing anything."
 
So here's my warning to all the men out there who think they aren't doing anything for Valentine's day - forget the card at your peril.
 
There are two days to go and I'm wondering should I drop a hint to let John know I'll be deeply unimpressed if I'm left empty handed - again.
 
Or should I leave him to his own devices and see if he remembers.
 
If he does remember to get a card without being prompted it'd mean a lot more but if I leave him alone and don't get anything, I will not be impressed.

0 comments: